iPlayerHD has been our go-to video hosting site for the past 10 years, and we recommend it to all of our clients as an alternative to YouTube. It is a private, ad-free video hosting platform, where YOUR videos remain YOUR videos, and YOUR website traffic remains YOUR website traffic. Viewers will never see suggested video popups when you embed and share your videos from iPlayerHD, and there are no links within the embed player or share pages that will take viewers away from your content.
iPlayerHD is very affordable compared to other video hosting sites. They offer 3 different plans you can start with:
- The Forever Free Plan includes up to 10 videos or 1 GB of storage and 200 monthly views or 2 GB of bandwidth per month
- The Pro Plan costs $19 per month and includes up to 100 videos or 20 GB of storage and 10,000 monthly views or 20 GB of bandwidth per month
- The Pro Plan Plus costs $29 per month and includes up to 500 videos or 1 TB of storage and 50,000 monthly views or 1 TB of bandwidth per month
If you require more storage or bandwidth than the 1 TB that comes with the Pro Plan Plus, you can contact support about the iPlayerHD Enterprise Plan. Enterprise users are charged a base price of $29 per month plus an additional $0.15 per GB of storage or bandwidth used above 1 TB.
Full disclosure: we do get a commission for referring new users to iPlayerHD, but that’s not why we recommend it over any other video hosting service. After using it ourselves for a decade, we know that our clients will never have to deal with the pitfalls of embedding from YouTube, and that we will easily be able to help manage their iPlayerHD account.
Some features and benefits we love that you won’t find with other free and low cost video hosting sites are:
- iPlayerHD offers personal support for all account types, so you won’t need to scroll through forum posts or help articles that aren’t up to date to get the answer you’re looking for. Just give them a call or send support an email and you’ll get a response from a real person. (When was the last time you spoke directly to someone at Google or YouTube?)
- You can upload any type of file to your iPlayerHD account (images, documents, videos, presentations, etc.) and share them with friends, colleagues, prospects, and clients via download links, or video share pages and embeds.
- There is no limit on the length of the videos you upload. You can upload videos of any length up to 50GB in file size, or up to your selected plan’s storage capacity.
- You have control over who can view your video with password protection on individual videos or playlists and the option to restrict the embedding of your video to specific websites.
- With iPlayerHD’s email capture feature, you can ask your site visitors to provide their email address before or after viewing your video. You can then use the emails you collect to reach out to prospects in the future.
- iPlayerHD offers both inline and pop-over embed styles for individual videos and for playlists.
- Autoplay and looping features can be applied to all of your iPlayerHD videos universally, or be turned on and off on a per video basis.
- You have complete control over what your video players look like. You can show or hide the control bar, the video title overlay, and the play button, allow the viewer to share the full video or grab an individual frame from the video to share on social media, embed the video on their own website, or download the video to their computer; enable or disable the full screen option, add a watermark, set the thumbnail image, and change the embed player colors. You can also add a link to any site as a call to action at the end of your videos. And unlike YouTube, there is no iPlayerHD branding in the player.
- Custom playlist share pages allow you to add a banner image at the top of the page, as well as text, images, and links, which appear below the player window.
- You get access to advanced video analytics including dates and times each video has been loaded and played, and information on each person who views your video (IP address, geographical data, and device information).
- Private folders to organize your videos by project so you can easily find what you’re looking for when you go to embed or share a video or playlist.
- Free WordPress plugin to easily embed responsive video players into your website.
- Refer friends, family, colleagues, etc. to iPlayerHD and earn a $100 Amazon gift card for each user, once they’ve had an active paid account for 90 days, plus receive five free years of iPlayerHD’s Pro Plus plan when you refer 10 paid users.
All of iPlayerHD’s features are available to all users, no matter which account type you subscribe to, even the free plan!
Get started for free today!