An “end screen” is what will show up after your embedded video finishes playing. Rather than having the video go to a blank screen or back to the thumbnail image, adding a custom end screen will help you drive engagement and conversions by letting your viewers know where to go next.
On Vimeo, you can use your video’s end screen to:
- Direct the viewer to other videos you’d like them to watch
- Add a call to action to send them to a specific webpage
- Encourage them to share your video on social media and through email
- Collect their email address to add to your mailing list
- Add a custom image or text
- Set your video to loop
In order to customize your video’s end screen, you will first need to make sure you have a Vimeo Plus, PRO, or Business account. If you want to be able to collect the viewer’s email address, you will need to have a Business account.
If you have a free Vimeo Basic account, you will not have access to any of these customization options. Videos uploaded to a Vimeo Basic account will show Vimeo’s Staff Top Picks when the video ends.
You can view all of Vimeo’s plans and prices here and decide which plan is right for you.
Once you have signed up for (or upgraded to) a Plus, PRO, or Business account, you can start customizing your video end screens.